Send a tip
Yosemite extends hantavirus warning; 9th infection confirmed
Posted: September 15, 2012
(Reuters) - Yosemite National Park expanded a warning about the deadly hantavirus to 230,000 more re...
(Reuters) - Yosemite National Park expanded a warning about the deadly hantavirus to 230,000 more recent visitors and confirmed on Thursday that a ninth person had contracted the virus, which has already killed three people.
The Californian, the latest person confirmed to have been infected with hantavirus, had stayed in Yosemite in July and has already recovered, National Park Service spokesman John Quinley said.
Yosemite said it had previously alerted 30,000 visitors, who slept in two locations where officials believe the nine visitors were infected, but expanded the warning by sending emails to 230,000 more who stayed elsewhere out of an abundance of caution, Quinley said.
Read the full article here:
Suggested Buzz Items
Yosemite: 1,700 may have had exposure to rodent-borne illness
Yosemite extends hantavirus warning; death toll rises
comments powered by Disqus.
comments powered by